Saturday, June 11, 2011

06/11/2011: Last Work Day at Hoa My Dong II

By Thanh Nguyen

Today, at Hoa My Dong II, we had our last work day. It was a bittersweet day where we both saw our huge accomplishment: all of the walls, windows and the name was completely painted. After days of hard work(especially today finishing the final touches like scraping the leftover paint). Yet I am sad that we had to leave the worksite. I feel that today was amazing in that we were able to provide a school that was clean and functional. The school is beautiful with its final touches and the sign for the school says it all: Sunflower Mission with the sunflower logo. The sunflower is a symbol for me that we are providing for the children the facilities for education and a newer and better day. Even though I feel accomplished that I made an impact for the children, I will keep with me the wonderful memories of playing with the children (especially the frisbee and the climbing games) and interacting with the workers. The children taught me a lot about myself and how I am lucky to have the things I have while they have so little. However, I end with this note: thank you to the children for providing me the insight and the drive for me to keep helping the Vietnamese community.

1 comment:

  1. Cho em hỏi anh chị dều này nhé? Em có thể trở thành thành viên của tổ chức được không? Nếu được thì em làm sao để đăng kí, để cùng anh chị giúp đỡ những người nghèo như làng em.Thanks very much! good lucky to you!

    ReplyDelete