Monday, June 13, 2011

Playlist of my Life in Vietnam

By Nanhi Tran

"Today i don't feel like doing anything..." (Lazy Song- Bruno Mars) defined my feeling when i woke up this morning. "I just wanted to lay in my bed!" The Lazy Song was the feeling of everyday in the past few mornings. The Lazy Song was soon ended and replaced by the song, "Heal the World" by Michael Jackson. In 5 minutes, i got the sense of drive to get up and do something! This morning our agenda said we were going to visit an orphanage and then some tourist spots in Phu Yen. The orphanage was surprisingly not as sad as last year's trip to an orphanage in Da Lat. None the less, it was still sad because this group of kids' main form of communication is through sign language. they had 12 year olds in 2nd grade. The main thing that pulled at my heart was that the teachers started out pass out the clothes that my mom and I donated from my little brothers. Seeing another child's eyes light up while receiving a set of clothes that Noah was wearing only a few months ago made me want to cry.

The whole group at the Cham Temple
After the orphanage, we went to a temple that was built on a mountain 1000 years ago and crystalized rocks alongside the shore of a BEAUTIFUL beach. After the trip to the sites, we went to eat lunch and check into our new location at the Sao-Viet Resort.

Monica and i checked into our room... our mouths both went "OH MY GOODNESS!" when the lady showed that it was keyless entry. All you had to do was to wave the card in front of the sensor and the door opens! The room defined RESORT. The bathroom had a nice bubble bath kind of bathtub with an over head shower in the other corner. The song "Shoo Fly" popped in my head as the mosquitoes started to show up. The beach was next and everyone running on the oddly squeaky yet soft sand reminded me of the Baywatch show... Of course there were some of us who realized this and actually pretended to do that famous slow run but failing at being sexy like Pamela Anderson.

Dinner was fun. It truly was dinner with a view! Sitting outside wit Cojet and Nhan (The Hue girls)i was speaking to Cojet in English. She speaks VERY well. I can have a full short conversation with her now!

Now I am in the room. awake because i am too excited that i will be seeing the kids form last year once again tomorrow! Oh how Ive missed them! But I am homesick. i do miss my family and friends back home. I miss my Noah, Andre, my mom and dad, My entire family... that includes my best friends Jasmin and Don. Dan is with me so i cant miss him! I cannot wait to see them all again in a week! It is time to sleep... at least try to anyways... Goodnight world. "Hello Vietnam" (that song plays EVERYWHERE we go... haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment