Friday, June 24, 2011

and the cycle continues

By Ai Vuong

It’s been well over 12 days since I said goodbye to the Sunflower Mission Workcamp Team of 2011…and a week since everyone has flown back home and returned to the comfort and familiarity of their lives.

But since the moment I bade farewell, I’ve been lost at how to translate into words powerful enough to give justice to the thoughts and emotions that have been swirling in my head. All the photos, comments, and blogs really can’t encapsulate just how darn-proud I am.

There is no amount of words, nor the most heart-felt prose that will ever truly illustrate my gratitude to everyone, so let my words be few:

Dearest SM workcampers, you’ve entered my children’s lives (CoJet, Nhan, Dao, Phap) – and you’ve made everlasting impressions on them. I don’t know how I can adequately describe to all you beautiful people who’ve had a hand in shaping their lives just how this trip has impacted them. And thank you all for reminding me just how fortunate I am to be living this life of mine…how amazing it’s been for me to see the tantamount transformation in my kids.

And I tip my hat off to all the other “youngins” of the trip. I’ll more than gladly chaperone any other event with y’all, if you don’t mind hanging out with an old lady. =]

1 comment:

  1. Ai, sorry for getting your age wrong. Although our meeting was brief, I felt the impact you have on the children and overwhelmingly admired you for it. When I was at your age, I did not know any better and certainly did not have any thought of selflessly dedicated part of my life for others. You and Hy are great role models for all the kids and myself. The world needed more hero like you.

    ReplyDelete